International Management & Business Development Independent Consultant
Carlos Peixoto Consulting adds client value through:
- Executive Coaching and Strategic Planning;
- Business Development, M&A valuation, due diligence, negotiation and transition;
- Review and Improvement of Finance and Administrative processes such as Performance Metrics, Cost Efficiency plans and Internal Controls;
- Ethics and Business Conduct best practices training and Compliance Programs review/implementation.
- Start-up Services: Directly and/or through a network of associates, we assist companies getting setup in international jurisdictions in which we have past experience, assisting our clients in identifying and developing people, assessing acquisition targets, best operational locations, efficient customs and tax regimes, finding local consulting services, agents and other related matters.
- Design and implementation of Compliance Programs including training for small and mid-cap companies
- Business Development project for a US client in Argentina and United Arab Emirates
- Assisted a US client with product introduction to the Brazil O&G market
- Organized Business Development trips for US customers to Colombia, Argentina and UAE
- Due Diligence and Negotiation on an M&A Project in São Paulo, Brazil for US client
- Business Development projects in Venezuela, Argentina and Colombia for US clients
- Due Diligence Projects in Oman and UAE for US clients
- Business Development for a Mexico/Argentina client, including registration of a local subsidiary in Brazil
- Developed and conducted In-Company Compliance training program for a US client with business in Brazil
- Due Diligence and Negotiation in Macaé, Brazil on an M&A Project for a US client
- Business Development project for a US client in the Executive Training business entering Brazil
- Registration of a subsidiary of a US client in Rio de Janeiro and further move to Macaé, Brazil
- Cost Efficiency and Internal Controls review & recommendations for a US client in Argentina
- Due Diligence in Salvador, Brazil on an M&A project for a US client
- Business Development project, assisting a US client on a Cooperation Agreement with a Brazilian enterprise
- Consulted on a Finance, Planning & Reporting process improvement project for a US client in Houston
- Assisted on registration of a FZE and a Branch of a foreign entity in Colombia for a US client
- Assisted US clients in hiring Finance & Accounting personnel in Bogota, Mexico, Brazil and Houston
- Assisted a US client identifying and hiring Logistics & Marketing personnel in Argentina
- Bogota, Colombia (Jul’88 through Feb’92)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (Feb’92 through Apr’96)
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Jun’96 through Jan-02)
- In early 2010 Carlos started-up an independent consulting firm, aiming at continuing to contribute with the industry by providing services associated with his network and experience obtained during 30 years of a successful international carrier, devoted to the areas of finance, performance and process improvement, negotiation and people’s development. For almost 25 years, he has worked for BJ Services Company, with headquarters in Houston, Texas, in the oilfield services business . Retired from BJS in Nov`09 in the position of Latin America Region Controller covering Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Barbados, Brazil, Panama, Trinidad, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua. Also doing business in West Africa – Angola, Gabon, Mozambique.
- In Jan-Feb’05 led a multi-language/multi-functional team of experts on a special assignment to Singapore, associated with a fraud investigation. The team successfully reviewed and re-stated the Financial Statements of the Asia Pacific Region, which was preventing the company from filing its 10-K report before the U.S. Security Exchange Commission.
- During 2002/2003 played a leading role in the finding and investigation of an executive fraud and FCPA case in Argentina, which resulted on a Cease-and-Desist Order between BJ Services and the SEC in March 2004.
- Between Jun’96 and Jan’02 held the position of Middle East Region Controller, based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with business in Abu Dhabi, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Uzbekistan and Yemen.
- He played a leading role in the teams that registered and started-up the company’s business in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatemala, as well as registering in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, UAE. He participated in negotiation of Joint Venture agreements in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and India, as well as Agency agreements in various Middle East Region jurisdictions, as well as in Angola.
- He has been involved in business planning; business restructuring; valuation & acquisitions; due diligence; tax planning; labor and tax litigation and negotiations; business application implementation and process improvement; fraud investigations; internal control systems implementation and other related matters.
- Co-organizer of the Annual Petroleum Charity Golf Tournament in Rio de Janeiro
- Member of the Board of Directors of GPC-Grupo Progresso Continuo, a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting socially disadvantaged children and youngsters by providing educational support and career direction.
- MBA Project Management Specialist from Fundação Getulio Vargas, Rio de Janeiro-Brazil, Aug’11
- MBA Finance Specialist from Universidad de Los Andes, Bogota-Colombia, Nov’91
- Bachelor of Accounting Sciences from Fundação Visconde De Cairú, Salvador, Bahia-Brazil, Dec’78
- PMI – Project Management Institute
- CRC/RJ – Conselho Regional de Contabilidade – Rio de Janeiro
- ACFE – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- IBEF – Instituto Brasileiro de Executivos de Finanças – Rio de Janeiro
- ACRJ – Rio de Janeiro Chamber of Commerce
- ABCO – Associação Brasileira de Consultores
- IBGC – Instituto Brasileiro de Governança Corporativa
- Os Riscos de Fraudes Ocupacionais – O que os gestores precisam saber para sobreviver no arriscado ambiente das organizações e dos projetos. FGV, TCC Set-2010
- Various articles on Compliance and Ethical behavior and consultancy